To qualify for ORBERA™, you should:
- Be an adult
- Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 to 40
- Be willing to participate in a medically supervised program
Who cannot receive ORBERA™?
- You are not a candidate for the ORBERA™ if you have severe damage to the liver.
- You are not a candidate for the ORBERA™ if you take prescription aspirin, anti-inflammatory agents, anticoagulants or other gastric irritants daily.
- You are not a candidate for the ORBERA™ if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
There may be other reasons why you cannot have the device. Your doctor will ask for your medical history and will examine you to decide if ORBERA™ is right for you. If your doctor finds stomach problems such as irritation or ulcers, you cannot receive ORBERA™.